Eggs are my favorite breakfast food. Mostly because they’re easy to cook and packed with the perfect amount of protein (eat two eggs and accomplish 25% of your daily protein goal, ladies!). You can eat them scrambled, over easy, as an omelet with some of your favorite veggies — eggs are a solid choice when it comes to starting your day off right.
My usual method when I’m rushing in the morning is to crack open a couple on an oiled up skillet, add some garlic powder and pepper, and scramble away until ready. But on a slower morning, when I have some more time on my hands (usually weekends) I opt for a good old fashioned hard boiled egg.
Without further adieu, here’s my tried and true hard boiled egg recipe:
- Fill up a pot with enough water to submerge 2 eggs. Carefully add eggs to water and put the pot on the stove to boil.
- Once water starts to boil, set a timer for 12 – 15 minutes. Kick your feet up, read the newspaper.
- Once the 12 – 15 minutes have passed, turn the burner off.
- Use a large spoon or tongs to remove the eggs from the water.
- Put eggs in a bowl of cold water and pop in the fridge for 10 or so minutes, until they are cool enough to peel.
Once peeled and sliced, here are some of our recommended toppings: Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning, Chives, Cayenne powder. Sprinkle those bad boys and enjoy!