Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I truly believe that a hearty breakfast is the key to a solid, productive day. For the sake of sharing my love of breakfast food, I’ve set a personal goal to provide you guys with a slew of easy morning recipes that you’ll most definitely enjoy!
Eggs are my go-to breakfast food on mornings when I’m short on time. But for the days that I wake up early and have a more me-time, I like to craft something a little more exquisite as a morning pick me up. This week, I decided to experiment with oatmeal and came up with an easy stovetop version that’s fluffy and packed with flavor:
Instructions for 3-4 servings depending on your hunger level:
- Bring 3 cups of almond milk to a boil (watch that it doesn’t overflow!) and add cinnamon
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add 2 cups of oats
- Cover the pot and let it sit for 3 minutes then stir oats
- Switch the heat off and remove the pot from the burner
- With the pot still covered, let it sit for about 5 minutes
- Once the 5 minutes are up, remove the pot cover and witness the fluffiest oatmeal of your life!
Here are some recommended additions:
- Almond butter
- Maple Syrup
- Chia seeds
- Roasted flax seeds
I hope you enjoy this healthy and filling breakfast recipe!
Photo via Jennifer Pallian